Brian Anderson – President
Yasir Khogali – Vice President
Jacqueline George – Secretary
Mike Pappas – Treasurer
John Morrison – Trustee
Steve Harper – Trustee
Mary Maguire – Trustee
Left to right: Mike Pappas, Yasir Khogali, Jacqueline George, Brian Anderson, Steve Harper
Not pictured: Mary Maguire, John Morrison
2020 Board Meeting Dates
The Plymouth District Library Board will hold its regular meetings the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Library policies, meeting minutes, and reports are also available in print for inspection during regular building hours.
Upcoming Library Board Meetings:
October 20, 2020 at 7:30 PM – Agenda
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86275782542
Meeting ID: 862 7578 2542
Dial-in (audio only): (929) 205-6099
November Board Meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2020
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION – PUBLIC MEETINGS
The Library is monitoring the on-going developments related to the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19.
As with the rest of the world, Library leadership is monitoring the on-going developments related to the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, with great interest. The Library takes the safety and well-being of its staff and citizens seriously. We are monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and State of Michigan direction and encourage you to continue to follow CDC and State updates as they become available.
Currently, the Library has decided to continue holding its public meetings electronically. We are holding our meeting electronically for the safety of our board, staff, and citizens.
The public will have the opportunity to speak during public comments. In addition the Library will accept written public comments by sending them to this email address at least an hour before the meeting at which you want your comments to be considered: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services, who wish to attend this board meeting should notify the Library Director, Carol Souchock, at 734-453-0750, ext. 218. Reasonable advance notice is required.
Our agenda and supportive documents will be posted online.
Because this is a continually evolving situation, meetings may be canceled in the future. If that happens, the Library will use its best efforts to let citizens know of any cancellations by posting it on our website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: Carol Souchock, email@example.com or at 734-453-0750, ext. 218.
The Plymouth District Library is governed by a seven person board of trustees. These non-partisan trustees are elected by the citizens of the Library district, which consists of Plymouth Township and the City of Plymouth. Trustees are:
- Elected for a term of four years
- At least 18 years of age and residents of the City of Plymouth or Plymouth Township
- Expected to attend monthly meetings, held the third Tuesday of each month
- Expected to serve on other Board subcommittees which may meet at other times during the month
- Through the staff professionals, responsible for overseeing the entire library operation, to include the physical building, the creation and maintenance of library collections, services and programs, library personnel policies and expenditures
- To serve as liaisons within the community
- To represent the library at community events, as needed
- To keep current with present trends and concerns within the library industry