Director Carol Souchock here.
I am pleased to invite you back into the Plymouth District Library. We have missed you over these last several months and look forward to reconnecting with you in person.
It is time to share our plans for the next phase of reopening with you. In the next week, you can plan on:
Monday, July 27 Returns: We’ll begin accepting the checked out items that you have patiently held these past months. To handle these items safely and prepare them for eventual check-out, all returns must come through our bookdrop, located just off the parking lot. Please remember that there are no fines for items that were checked out or due during our building closure.
Wednesday, July 29 Building Reopens: The library will open, but our capacity is limited due to state restrictions. Here’s what you need to know before coming into the building:
• Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 1 – 9 p.m.
• Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Sunday – closed for extra cleaning
Building capacity: We are permitted to admit 25% of our capacity of available public areas, according to the fire department assessment of our building. Upper and lower levels will not be open at this time.
Services: We are calling this our Grab and Go phase- with the following available for your use:
• Main level browsing
• Upper and lower level material requests welcomed and grabbed for you
• Limited public computer access on our main level and available help from our IT tech team
• Printing, copying and faxing
• Check-out at desk or self-check stations
• Main level restrooms
• Grab and Go Youth theme bags – Great children’s books on a variety of your favorite subjects
• Friends Book Sale
You should plan to come into the building, make your selections, check-out and leave the building. At this phase, only our main level will be accessible – but we will have staff on hand to grab items you’d like on our upper and lower levels.
Curbside service will still be available. Click through to our quick how-to video.
• We are complying with all state COVID requirements including maintaining six feet from each other.
• There may be a wait on our front porch as we monitor number of people in the building. Please observe markings on the ground as social distancing reminders while you wait.
• Masks are required.
• The library will be professionally cleaned daily – high-touch points will be cleaned throughout the day.
• Main level restrooms will be open.
• Staff are monitored before each shift for present health status and temperature.
• Returned materials will be quarantined for 4 days or more.
• Upholstered chairs have been removed from the floor and seating is limited to encourage Grab and Go service.
Remember that we are here to help you. Updates and more info can be found at plymouthlibrary.org. You can also direct your questions to email@example.com or 734-453-0750, ext. 200.
Our plan outlined above is subject to change based on regional and State of Michigan regulations. But for now, know that we are all looking forward to seeing you during this next phase of library service.