Youth Homework Help
|A free service provided by the Plymouth District Library to help families discover books based on your child's age and interests.|
|An interactive experience that allows beginning readers to explore fiction and non-fiction designed to increase understanding and fluency while having lots of fun.|
|Digital learning for Elementary, Middle School, and High School Students.|
|Experience the cultures of 182 countries and territories. Also included is information on our 50 states.|
|Through images, articles & timelines,explore how earlier people lived around the world. This information is for middle and high school students.|
|For early elementary schoolers - Follow Trek and Taffy the cat around the world learning about colors, numbers and other fun things. Strengthen reading foundations with stories, activities and videos.|
|Designed for children in kindergarten through fifth grade, this features articles from 100 popular children's magazines and much more.|
|Find just the right book by subject, age, awards won, Lexile Reading levels, Common Core standards; even books made into movies, and much more.|
|Aimed at middle and high school students, this service brings contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues.|
|This database includes cultures, government, people, U.S. history, sports, world history, geography, literature, science, and social issues most studied by and relevant to middle school users.|
|Aimed at middle schoolers, this is an engaging online resource providing contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics.|
|An online collection of animated,talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they'll love.|
|This contains 8 major subject categories: Arts, History and Government, People, Places, Plants and Animals, Science and Mathematics, Sports and Hobbies, World Religions.|
Math Homework Help
- Fun Brain - Check out the math games and the other cool brain games for grades K-6!
- Illuminations - An easy-to-use site from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics contains activities for students Pre K - 12th grade. Students, teachers and parents can sort by age level or math subject.
- KidsNumbers.com - Interactive games and math activities for K-8 students.
- Math Central - Grades K-12 math education Web site with links to math resources, answers to quandaries and queries about math.
- Practice Skills & Tests - Students from elementary school to college can practice math skills and take online tests. If you have a Plymouth library card, visit Learning Express Library. All Michigan residents can visit Learning Express Library at Michigan eLibrary (mel.org).
Research Tools for Youth
Science Help for Grades K-6
General Science Resources
- Nova Everything from anthropology to absolute zero with lots of pictures and diagrams. A great site for just for the fun of it.
- Discovery Channel School - including Science Fair Projects - from Animal Planet, TLC and Discovery Channel programs.
- Science News for Kids - Science Fair projects, lots of info and games!
- Science Daily - Award winning site and an excellent source for finding scientific research of all types. In addition to articles on the research in today's headlines, the site has information going back for 10+ years. Includes images and videos.
Social Studies Help for Grades K-6
Looking for information on Social Studies topics? Check out these online sources.
For websites on Michigan, U.S., & World History resources