Alter Motor Car History
The Alter Motor Car Company was located on Farmer Street in Plymouth, Michigan. Construction on this factory started in the spring of 1914. Soon, this facility started producing a car designed by Clarence Alter from Manitowoc, Wisconsin. The car was made of component parts shipped here by rail and then assembled at the factory.
Additional information in Detroit News, January 6, 2000