Kindle Specific Help
1. Go to the Library's home page - plymouthlibrary.org - and click on the Download button on the left side of the page.
2. You are now at the Download Help Page. Click on the Download Audiobooks & eBooks button on the left side of the page. This takes you to the MCLS Digital Catalog & Download Center provided by OverDrive. Please log in to your account now!
3. At the Log In page, you are asked to select your home library from a pull-down menu and then please enter your Plymouth District Library card number in the space provided.
4. When logged in to your account, you will be able to check hold status and a variety of other things as well as start your search for ebooks. The easiest way to search the collection is by using the Advanced Search link.
5. In using this advanced search, you will be able to limit your format to Kindle Books only as well as choose to search only for those titles currently available for download. If you want to see all Kindle-format titles, don't click on the small button above the Search icon at the bottom of the menu. If your desired book is currently checked out, you will be able to place a hold on it and will be notified by email when it becomes available for download.
6. After clicking on the green Search button, you'll be given a listing of ebooks in Kindle format. When you see a title you want, be sure to select the Kindle version and then click on the Available - Add to Bookbag link. You will then be taken to the screen where you actually check out the book for either 7 or 14 days, depending on your choice.
7. Once the title has been checked out to you, you'll once more see the book cover and next to it a small button that says Get for Kindle. Please click on that button ! You are taken from the MCLS site to Amazon.com.
8. On the Amazon site, you'll be asked to login with your Amazon username and password if you're not already logged in. Once you do so, your selected title will show up on the page called Get Your Public Library Loan. This screen shows your expiration date. Go ahead and click on the yellow Get Library Book button on the right side of the page.
9. At the next page, you'll be asked to select which Kindle device you wish to use. There is a pull-down menu if you have registered more than one device. Select your device and then click on the yellow Continue button.
10. The message you will see on this final checkout page is that your title has been delivered to your Kindle by wi-fi, or else you can choose to transfer it by USB cable. The wi-fi worked perfectly and my title was already on the Kindle by the time I got through reading the page.
11. If you have finished reading a book and wish to return it early, you may do this through your Manage Your Kindle screen.
Any notes you take will be saved if you ever decide to check the ebook out again or if
you should purchase it through Amazon.
Once the loan period has expired, your book will be automatically deleted from your Kindle. Happy Reading !!